Sunday, July 5, 2015

Puerto Lapice

Prior to travelling through the Spanish countryside, Quixote wanted to be knighted in order to convince himself that he was a legitimate knight. He was "knighted" at an inn by an immoral innkeeper and two prostitutes. The inn was most likely located in Puerto Lapice, a small village close to the windmills that Quixote thought were giants. I spent half a day in Puerto Lapice, which, like Alacala de Henares, was filled with statues and pictures of Quixote. 400 years later, Puerto Lapice still revolves around Quixote, and seems to unite all of the village's citizens. Keeping the writing short because it's late. I also visited the Consuegra windmills today which I'll post about later.






I've seen at least five of these, even outside of Puerto Lapice.









                                                   Museum with more Quixote stuff in it


His face after I told him off. If I had a mic I would have dropped it.


No comments:

Post a Comment